Basmati rice is long grain rice. Infant, the word basmati in Hindi means “full of aroma” or “fragrant”. In some places, it’s also called the “queen of perfumed rice”.
Origin of basmati rice is not clear as archaeologists have discovered a type of long grain rice near Udaipur, India. It is dating back to between 2000 BC and 1600 BC.
That they believe to be an ancestor of the basmati rice we enjoy today.
Basmati Rice comes in two varieties, white and brown. Both have a nutty taste and a beautiful aroma. White basmati rice is more processed while the brown basmati rice only the hull gets removed.
The best basmati rice is aged for one or two years, or even more. This procedure makes the grain dryer and concentrates the flavor. The same procedure is what makes its texture so fluffy and light.
By the way, There are two variety in Basmati rice size those are Short Grain and long Grain Rice.
In this article will talk about Long Grain Rice.
What are the health benefits of basmati rice:
Basmati rice is the boss of all rice. Compared to white rice, basmati rice is full of fiber. Unlike White rice, basmati rice maintains all its layers during the milling process.
The fiber contained in basmati rice is about 10% in a 100gram serving. This fiber helps to digest the food easily. Also, due to amylose, a carbohydrate, basmati is a great choice to keep your appetite in check.
Basmati rice is also filled with minerals such as
- Vitamin B1 which increases red blood cells
- B6 aids your metabolism,
- Vitamin E is a powerhouse of antioxidants
- Vitamin K maintains blood flow
- Pantothenic acids boost the nervous system.
- Magnesium Potassium Thiamine helps your memory stay safe.
Basmati rice is gluten-free and low in fat. It contains all eight essential amino acids, folic acid, and is very low in sodium, and has no cholesterol.
Eating whole grain like brown basmati rice is link to a lower risk of heart disease. Higher fiber diets can help to reduce your risk of developing certain types of cancers, particularly colorectal cancer.
Top five Basmati Rice brands in India:
1. India Gate Basmati Rice Feast Rozzana:
India Gate basmati rice is Gmo-free and aged for a minimum of 1 year. This rice promises a sweet taste and rich aroma as each grain is naturally aged. This brand of basmati rice can be used for everyday meals but also suitable for various special occasions.
It has the best blend of length, color, taste, and flavor. Having this rice truly having a feast rozzana (a daily feast). Without this basmati rice biryani or pulao has no taste. Basmati rice is the main ingredient for any biryani preparation.
- The long-grained cultured basmati has matured for more than a year.
- Grown in the most fertile region of the Indo-Gangetic plains beneath the Himalayan range.
- Basmati rice receives its nutty taste and characteristic aroma because of its fertile land.
- Basmati rice is rich in vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, protein and it’s also gluten-free.
- People who are gluten intolerant can easily consume this rice.
- High fiber blend.
2. Daawat Rozana Basmati Rice Gold:
Daawat Rozana Gold has ¾ the length size of rice. It is specifically processed for the daily cooking of regular dishes, a perfect fit for everyday consumption. The rice is cleaned and packaged safely to maintaining hygiene.
It promises a sweet taste and super aroma. The grains are not only provide great taste but also have nutritional value. It has rich dietary fiber, energy, carbohydrate, protein, calcium, iron, and low in cholesterol. These minerals boost metabolism as well as promotes stronger bones.
- Great package keeping the rice fresh and maintaining its texture and aroma.
- The product is very authentic, thus no artificial flavoring is added.
- Zero cholesterol- Good for your heart and cardiovascular functioning.
- Rich dietary fiber helps in easy digestion.
- The Finest basmati rice at an affordable price.
3. Kohinoor Authey Basmati Rice (super value):
The promise of Kohinoor has always been to bring you true taste and authenticity. Extra-long basmati rice is grown and nurtured near the Himalayas rivers.
The rice grains are carefully picked and aged for about 1-2 years in a unique way. That’s the reason Kohinoor basmati rice is the longest grain available on Earth. The rice is sweet in flavor and best in the aroma. The rice becomes fluffy, thin, long, and nonsticky after cooking.
- Ultimate taste and heavenly aroma – great taste.
- Carefully processed in a world-class manufacturing facility for daily consumption.
- Ideal for dishes prepared regularly in households like biryani, pulao, zarda, etc.
- Naturally curated and nurtured with utmost care.
- It is characterized by long grains that double in size when cooked.
4. Fortune Biryani Special Basmati Rice:
Fortune Basmati rice is the longest basmati rice.
Its meant to make your Biryani, whether it is Hyderabadi or Lucknowi, look Royal and taste exquisite.
The rice is ideal for every type of Biryani for the perfect taste, texture, and the grain are nonsticky. It is said to be the World’s longest grain. The grains are picked and packed carefully maintaining its hygiene and texture. The rice is aged for almost 2 years and balances its nutritional value.
- Has rich dietary fiber. (Easy to digest)
- Low in cholesterol. (Good for the diabetic patient)
- Basmati Rice maintains all its layers increasing its nutritional value.
- Authentic taste and ideal for every dish, from Indian cuisine to Western recipes.
- Extra fluffiness when it comes to texture.
5. Shrilalmahal Basmati Rice Empire:
Shrilalmahal Basmati Rice is one of the oldest basmati rice brands in India. The brand maintained its trust since 1907.
Empire rice is today one of the World’s most admired Basmati Rice. It is being preferred today all over the world by all health-conscious people.
In the processing of Empire Basmati rice they minimal fat and sugar and make cholesterol-free grains. It has extra-long grain and it is aged for more than two years and thus properly maintaining its texture, taste, and aroma. One of the best basmati rice brands since it contains more minerals and vitamins.
- No sodium, sugar, fat, cholesterol.
- Rich in protein, fiber, and iron.
- It’s very easy to cook as it contains no artificial flavor, coloring, and preservatives.
- Empire rice helps in improving cardiovascular health.
- The taste, odor, palatability, and digestibility of Empire basmati rice are incredibly par- excellent.